Monday, October 1, 2007

save the drama for your mama...

Every time I want to get Kira's pictures done at Wal-Mart, it always fails. We end up leaving with her screaming and crying. She just doesn't like to sit up on that table. I don't get it. I never had this problem with Kaci. Well...I did, but she eventually got over it and let them take her picture. UGH! I tried setting up shop at my house. I had tried once before and it didn't work. It was for easter pics. My sister was there to help, but we didn't really get any good ones. Anyway, back to the main story. I set up some blankets over the couch and wall. Added some of our couch pillows for color and got out this cute pedestal my aunt gave me 6 years ago. It looked awesome. I figured, hey, we are in the comforts of our home. Can't be that bad. As the first picture shows, it must have been awful...haha... After awhile of trying I just decided to ignore her. I figured if I did that she'd mellow out and play with them on her own. And she did. Except when ever she saw the camera come out she would run and scream. I had to be very stealth. :) I think the bottom one isn't too bad. i wouldn't mind opinions. Is this a photo you would hang on the wall?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the bottom picture. The top one is one you save and bring out on her first date! What about letting her play outside and taking the pics that way - they'll have the feel of a snap-shot but a little more "staged."

Krista said...

Fly away hair! try and take unique pics while she is doing her own thing...in the past you've gotten some awesome candid shots...like the ones where she looks like Matilda...know what im talking about...prolly not, hehe

Then you can always play with the background, blur it out, jazz it up, you know?! LOVE THE JOURNEY